Homemade Baked Donuts

It was a boring Thursday afternoon, so I decided to make some donuts! I have never made donuts before, so I thought, why not?

My sister found the recipe at: OhSheGlows.com.
They are reasonably healthy donuts, they are not fried, and they are easy to make.
Here is what you'll need:

Dry
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Cinnamon

Wet
1/2 Cup Soymilk (I used milk)
1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar (I used white vinegar)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Egg
 4 Tbs butter or margarine

Icing Glaze
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp milk
Sprinkles

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F. Take  the wet ingredients and put in a small pot on the stove on low. Whisk. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the wet to the dry and mix.
Put the batter into the donut pans. I used a muffin pan, since I do not have a donut pan.
Bake them for 12 minutes.
Makes about 20 (mine made 12)

Icing: Combine the powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl. Stir.

Tip: Wait until the donuts cool completely, before you try to get them out of the pan. Mine were not completely cooled, so some of them broke when I tried to pop them out of the pan. 

These are delicious! They are easy to make and fun to decorate!
I spread a little bit of icing on each donut, and then I added my favorite toppings: sprinkles, almonds and Reese's cereal. Enjoy!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food and Family

Salted Caramel Latte

Zucchini Boats