Welcome to my blog! This is a blog all about food and my cooking and baking experiences. Feel free to follow me and enjoy these recipes.
I am currently an administrative support assistant and a freelance editor. Colorado native. Food lover.
My sister Kathy was browsing Pinterest for desserts and she wanted to use the waffle maker. We decided to make cookie dough, then brownie dough and put them together in the waffle maker. We overcooked them, but they are so good! Next time I will cook them for 4 minutes, instead of 8 minutes. In the pictures below are the recipes I used, from AllRecipes.com. Make sure you do not overcook them! If you do, dip them in milk!
At my grandma's house my family made Chex Snack Mix. We did not have all of the ingredients that are listed on the Chex seasoning packet, so we improvised. This snack is great for family game nights, late night snacking and it also makes a great party snack.
- 6 cups of wheat Chex mix
- 3 cups of popped popcorn
- 2 cups of crushed potato chips
- 6 Tbs. melted butter
- 1 packet of Chex seasoning salt
- 2 cups of pretzels
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2) Place the roasting pan with the butter in the oven for 6 minutes
3) Stir in the Chex seasoning packet
4) Add the wheat Chex, chips, popcorn and pretzels; stir until evenly coated
5) Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes
And there you have it! An improvised Chex mix that is a great snack. My family ate this snack when we played Monopoly.
I was visiting my grandparents this past week and I had a lot of fun there! My grandma loves to bake so we (my grandma, my sister and I ) made these delicious Golden Oatmeal Muffins. They are pretty easy to make and this recipe makes 2 dozen; you will have many muffins leftover! My grandma found this recipe in her local newspaper.
Here is what you'll need:
- 1 package Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Golden Cake Mix
- 1 cup of quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs. butter/margarine
- Honey, jam or peanut butter
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2) Combine dry cake mix, oats and salt in large bowl
3) Beat the milk, eggs and butter together in a medium bowl
4) Add the milk mixture to the dry mixture and stir
5) Spoon into muffin cups, filling them about 2/3 full
6) Bake for 13 minutes, until golden brown
7) Serve them warm with honey, jam, butter or peanut butter
Today I made chocolate chip waffles! I used a pancake and waffle mix, because I was short on time. Here's what you'll need: -1 egg - 1 1/2 cup waffle/pancake mix - 1 cup of milk - 3 Tbs. Oil - 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or more if you want) -waffle maker - non-stick spray Directions: In a medium bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil. Use a fork or whisk. Then, add the waffle mix. Stir in the chocolate chips. Preheat the waffle maker and spray it with non-stick spray. Once the waffle maker is ready, pour about 1/4 cup of batter into each square on the waffle maker. Press the lid down and let it cook for about 3 minutes. Add your favorite spreads! I used peanut butter, blueberry jelly and chocolate hazelnut butter. Enjoy these easy to make waffles! Pair them with healthy choices, like applesauce or peaches.