Cashew Chicken Recipe

This past week I have been craving Chinese food. My favorite dish is Cashew Chicken. I love nuts, and the cashews create a salty and crunchy flavor. I found a good recipe online, at Food.com. I didn't follow it exactly, since I didn't have red pepper sauce or green onions. I also had tons of brown rice, so I used that instead of plain white rice. This recipe serves about 6 people, and it doesn't take very long to make (about 35-40 minutes)!

Here's what you'll need:

- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch
- 3 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper sauce (I used a spice mix that had red pepper flakes)
- 2 Tbs. oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut into 1 inch pieces)
-  1 red onion (cut into 1 inch pieces, or smaller)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 8 oz. can water chestnuts
- 1 can mushrooms (I used about 6 small mushrooms instead)
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 green onions (optional)

Directions:

1. Mix the broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger and pepper sauce/flakes in a small bowl
2. Defrost your chicken, if necessary
3. Chop all of the vegetables 
5. Cook your rice
4. Heat a large skillet; add 1 Tbs. of oil
5. Add the chicken and cook until it is thoroughly cooked
6. Remove the chicken from the pan, add 1 Tbs. of oil to the skillet
7. Add the vegetables to the pan, stir in the broth mixture
8. Cook for about 1 minute
9. Stir in the chicken and cashews
10. Serve with rice (I used brown rice)


The chicken broth mixture
Chop your vegetables

Cook the chicken

Set chicken aside

Cook the vegetables, add the mixture

Cashews

The finished recipe

Cashew chicken with brown rice
I hope you enjoy this recipe and pass it along! This makes a great family dinner dish, and is better than Chinese takeout! With simple easy-to-follow directions, this recipe will be served pretty quickly. Your entire family will love the delicious flavors of this dish.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food and Family

Salted Caramel Latte

Cauliflower Breadsticks