Quinoa Fritters

I have seen different quinoa fritter recipes floating all over the Internet. At first I thought these would taste weird, especially since quinoa isn't my favorite food. But, these are great! They aren't too difficult to make, but they are filling. I recommend only eating 2 at a time, because you will be full in no time. I also did not have any onion, so I just used garlic instead. The recipe that I based my recipe on can be found here: Crispy Quinoa Fritters.



Ingredients:

- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 small onion (or you can use garlic instead)
- 3/4 cup flour
- vegetable oil to use when frying the fritters

Directions:

1. Rinse the quinoa in cold water and place it in a pot with 2 cups of water
2. Add salt to the pot, bring to a boil, lower down to a simmer, uncovered, and cook for 12-15 minutes
3. In a large bowl, mix together the cooked quinoa, cheese, eggs, onion (or garlic), pepper and flour
4. Roll about 3 tablespoons of the mixture into a ball and set it on a dry surface. Repeat with the remaining mixture
5. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Flatten the balls slightly and fry for 3-5 minutes on each side until they are golden brown and crispy.These taste great with a little bit of sour cream on top.

Eating healthy doesn't mean skimping on flavor. These are delicious and will keep you full!



Next time I want to try making avocado quinoa fritters!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salted Caramel Latte

Food and Family

Cauliflower Breadsticks