Red Velvet Cake: It's important to double check measurements

This past summer I really wanted to bake a cake. I only had a few hours, so I decided to buy one of those cakes you make from a box. It was a Red Velvet Cake with cream cheese frosting. The cake portion of the cake turned out fine. It was fluffy, red cake. The part that I made wrong was the cream cheese frosting mix. The recipe called for 1/2 cup butter. I misread the box, and I put 1   1/2 cups of butter. Needless to say, the frosting was very buttery, very greasy. When I put it on top of the cake, it soaked through the entire cake very quickly. It made the cake soggy and greasy. It did not taste very good. The longer that the cake sat on the counter top, it became soggier.

What I learned: It is important to read the directions carefully, no matter what you are making! The cake portion would have tasted fine, but the frosting ruined the cake. In the future, I am going to make sure I double check the directions, measurements and the ingredients.

This cake will taste really good if the measurements are followed correctly. Lesson learned.

Marie


Red velvet cake


Mixing the batter


The cake portion


After adding the frosting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Food and Family

Salted Caramel Latte

Zucchini Boats